Saturday, September 8, 2012

'I Found You' by The Wanted

British/Irish boyband The Wanted premiered the first single off their new album a few days ago, but it's left a lot of people underwhelmed. The band is still keeping with their dance tracks, but this time they all sing in a falsetto, giving the track a very different feel than what they've done previously. At first listen I absolutely hated it. You can barely distinguish between each of their voices, and it sounds almost Disney-ish or even very karaoke-like in a way. But after getting the chorus firmly planted in my head I realized that this actually might become another huge hit. It's got something to it that makes me want to listen to it over and over despite its many flaws. Many people hate the track, but I for one think it has its own merits that will propel it to consume the country once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment